Different from standard car batteries, Deep Cycle batteries are constructed with thicker plates of a high antimony lead alloy and denser paste of active material in order to withstand constant discharge and charge cycling. The Deep cycle batter has construction that allows it to deliver energy for extended periods of time (deep cycle) without sustaining the life-shortening damage such use would cause to a standard automotive battery. It is designed with an easy way to be repeated. All deep cycle batteries survive repeated substantial discharge. For the right design and manufacture, the deep cycle battery will be able to withstand hundreds of cycles up about 80% depth of charge and be ready to do more. How to choose the best deep cycle battery is not easy at all since there are many suppliers on the market now. We just suggest some top items that stand as the highest rank when it comes to deep cycle batteries now. They are also in the comparison table to have a general view, being easier to follow.
To be specific, they are more impressive for these following reasons:
Best Deep Cycle Battery Buying Guide
Before looking for the best Deep Cycle battery, you should take some notices of real needs as the followings:
- System storage requirement: involves how much storage, in amp-hours, do you need? They vary with the application and what part of the area you are in. A rough rule for home solar systems, the total battery capacity (in amp-hours) can be from 3 to 5 times a day of usage. Different areas require the needs of battery capacity. For example, in the East and Northwest, 4 to 5 days is better when you use a deep cycle battery. If you are in a good location and have a wind generator, it is possible to cut this down a day but wind turbine output can be highly variable in various areas.
- For any types or brands of deep cycle batteries, the total capacity should be enough to cover twice the longest anticipated outage. Take your average daily usage in watts and divide by the battery voltage to understand how many amp-hours storage you need. Also, how many watt-hours in a battery is also very important. Watts are pretty simple, just a 12 volt 105 AH battery can supply 12×105 or 1260 Watt-hours.
- Price: – a fair indicator of the overall expected life when we use a particular application. Weight of the battery is one of considerations, depending much on the weight of recreational vehicles. If one battery rated at 220 amp-hours weight 60 pounds and another weighs 68 pounds, this might be a good indication that something was skimped on the lighter one.
- Lifetime usage: the usage time is very important when it comes to a battery. The Lifetime cost is what really determines the long term cost, however sometimes the up-front you have the inter-connects, shipping cost, maintenance and disposal. As a general rule, the more expensive the battery, the longer it will last. A generic golf car battery can be utilized for 3 to 5 years, even an AGM’s one have lifetime of 5 to 8 years. You can get suggestion to consider the life time of batter that you will get.
- Size and weight sometimes are not so important. However, it will not good if it is so heavy that you can move it. A good battery is between no more 8 to 12 volts. If you need more capacity, get bigger batteries not more small ones.
- Types of batteries Flooded or Sealed: Sealed AGM is usually highly appropriated for no or poor ventilation. This type also has maintenance free and no worries to check water levels. Also, their sides must be mounted to fit so it is very convenient. Besides, the flooded batteries are probably your best choice because they are fine for most applications. They are also cheaper and better availability of types and sizes. They are the best choice when you want to have adequate ventilation for battery, no worry about tipping, spillage or breakage. Plus, the batteries keep maintenance with no worry about it. More importantly, under any climates from good to hassle much, your battery is ready to work.
Well, how to get the best deep cycle battery is not easy at all. However, some outstanding examples could become your options when you take a look at them and see the buying guide. You will be able to get one.
Go to the: for more information.