Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M BlueTop Starting and Deep Cycle Marine Battery Overviews:
We can find many different battery types with different prices on the market but finding a right one is not so easy. Optima Batteries launches 8016-103-FFP D34M model as a choice for dual purpose, using for both marine and Recreational Vehicle (RV). This option has been chosen by many users and to determine if this battery is good enough, we are going to provide some information to follow through whether it is the best deep cycle battery.
Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M is an AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) that both marine and RV vehicles can use this battery for its machine. The manufacturer applies the Spiralcell Technology for this model in order to give the highest performance. As an ultra high performance battery, users can count on it to keep your machine running. This deep cycle battery review will show you the reason why you should consider about buying Optima Batteries 8016.
- Weight: 43.5 lb
- Length: 10.06 in
- Width: 6.88 in
- Height: 7.94 in
- Cranking Amps: 870
- Cold Cranking Amps: 750
- Nominal Voltage: 12 volts
- Open Circuit Voltage (fully charged): 13.1 volts
- Internal Resistance (fully charged): 0.0028 ohms
- Capacity: 55 Ah (C/20)
- Reserve Capacity: BCI: 120 minutes (25 amp discharge, 80°F (26.7°C), to 10.5 volts cut-off)
- Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid, H2SO4
The specification is quite good that some people say it is the best deep cycle battery at the moment. With the low internal resistance of only 0.0028 ohms, this battery gives an effective performance. Moreover, the large capacity, a good open circuit voltage and reasonable cranking amps, most everything you need is available on this battery.
Some features of Optima 8016 Battery
At first sight, Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M BlueTop can be used for both starting and deep cycle purposes. And the use of spiralcell technology on this battery allows it to show its powerful performance. Compare to any batteries that not be applied this new technology, Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M can be recharged faster. This new model also runs two times longer duration than the traditional battery for marine and RV. With its durable and powerful performance, not only the machine runs well but you also save an amount on this effective investment.
The battery is spill-proof and no need to maintain regularly, thanks to its advanced technology. The Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M comes up with the completely sealed container so it is extremely safe to use, especially when it accidentally has problems. Because of its spill-proof ability, the acid can not be leaked and you are just giving a hand to protect the environment. Not only in boats or recreational vehicles, spill proof construction allows the battery to be appropriate at anywhere to use.
While running the machine, the quivering and vibration from the movement can damage the batteries, therefore the vibration resistant ability of this BlueTop battery is very important. The manufacturer designs a rigid construction so as to reduce the movement of battery plate inside and also prevent damage from difficult conditions like running on tough way. With this design the battery has an ability to resist the vibration 15 times more than regular batteries, so you won’t need to worry about its safety while running the machine.
Suggestion for effective using
For longer Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M BlueTop battery life you should follow these recommendations which are very easy to do. First, remember to protect the terminals from circuit to avoid any damage. While using, the battery should be charged with these recommended information.
- The alternator should be charged about 13.65 to 15.0 volts.
- Use the battery charger with these specifications: the voltage from 13.8 to 15.0 volts, maximum 10 amps and approximate 6-12 hours charging.
- Recharge rapidly with maximum voltage at 15.6 volts. Moreover, there is no current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). You should only charge until current drops below 1 amp.
- Float charge: the voltage from 13.2 to 13.8 volts and 1 amp maximum.
- Cyclic or Series String: at 14.7 volts, and like while recharging rapidly, there is no current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). When the current falls below 1 amp, try to finish with 2 amp constant current for 1 hour.
With a good specification and complete design, the Optima Batteries 8016-103-FFP D34M BlueTop not only provides a powerful performance but also the safety while operating. This battery can be mounted at any angle because it is sealed and will not vent gas like a flooded battery. However the bad packaging is a minus for this product, but in overall it is one of the best deep cycle battery on the market.