The number of car batteries over the world always makes up mainly approximately 60% of batteries. There are many types of car batteries, leading the numerous battery chargers. However, not all of them give us the same functions, charging rates or compatibility. Obviously, you want to find a unit that can handle your battery type and allows you to have safe charger of your battery in the time durability you desire. Thus, before buying it, you should consider some criteria as below:
- Features: As you may know, more features the battery charger offers, more high-quality you get product. The best car battery chargers give you a huge range of features including the options of slow or fast charge rate, easy-to-use controls and displays that show you the battery charge status. The innovation of this type must include microprocessors that enable you to connect your battery and make the charger select the best recharging method. It means a good battery charger will have solution for your own battery in order to get recharging in the shortest time with the highest performance.
- Efficiency: If your battery includes helpful battery and alternator testing functions, the cooling fans will primarily reduce strain from too much heat. Thus, the battery charger will be effective when it is added with solid cold-cranking amps, at least 100 amps. This will help you get your battery go quicker when you jump-start your machine. Meanwhile, there are some batteries with short-term power function and including an LED work light which you can find from some devices like cell phones, tablets or power tools. The recharger is easier to access and get full-of-power in shorter time.
- Charging options: Multiple charging rates are very useful, especially with car batteries. The options range from a slow trickle of 2 amps to a speedy one 40 amps. It depends much on your battery type. Among those, the best auto battery boosters can completely charge a battery just in an hour. You should ask for advice of the type of your car battery to pick up the right option.
- Battery compatibility: This is not less necessary if we want to have a right car battery charger. Because batteries are made from different materials and there are some battery boosters just adaptable to charge certain types. It will be better if you use a common battery such as lead-acid, absorbed glass mat and gel cell. Some chargers are totally compatible with deep-cycle batteries used in boats and recreation vehicles.
- Safety: The safety feature is used for both you and your battery. A special thing is that car batteries have different built-in safety measures to protect your battery and keep them from overcharging or being ruined due to reverse polarity mishaps. Thus, you need to look for a charger that is equipped with an automatic shut-off capability to ensure your battery is not be overcharged as well as insulated or in case of spark-resistant clams.
- The last, portability: Certainly, a lightweight recharger will help you be easy to lift or take it whenever you need. Some models are designed to adapt wheels but others fit easily on a shelf or workbench. You need to know that the more portable a battery charger is, the quicker you can charge or jump your battery.
With car battery, a great battery booster will be an ideal way for you to keep your battery maintenance, reducing stress of worrying whether your battery is going to give out or not. Thus, take some notes and get your right one.